[guardian-dev] Tor isolating proxy - or how to prevent "friendly fire"

Richard Z rz at linux-m68k.org
Wed Jan 8 15:04:31 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 08:18:21PM +0100, Timur Mehrvarz wrote:
> Nobody wants to answer this. Is this because background leakage is just
> hard to solve? Or is there something wrong with how I perceive this to
> be a problem?

it is hard to solve. 2 things that my be handy come to my mind:
* on a low enough level you can specify iptables rules based on process or group id
* you could run 2 proxies, one for normal apps and a special one for
  tor apps - and configure the "unprivileged" one to block/delay all
  requests when needed

Richard

---
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers