[guardian-dev] signal without sim ?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Thu Jan 9 11:17:21 EST 2014

Airplane mode is implemented in software, so there is no guarantee that it is
actually turning off any radios.  This is the same case as the power buttons
on phones: they don't physically cut power to the device, so many devices
don't really turn off at all when you "turn them off".

NSA whistleblower mentioned in one interview that the interviewer's phone
could be controlled by the NSA, even if he "turned it off".  If you are
concerned, remove the battery.

.hc