[guardian-dev] Getting keys into your keyring with Gnu Privacy Guard for Android

Dominik Schürmann dominik at dominikschuermann.de
Thu Jan 16 04:34:50 EST 2014

Hey Hans,

nice writeup, and thanks for mentioning our project "OpenPGP Keychain".

A small correction: We are transmitting the whole key via NFC not just
the ID. In my tests this worked without problems, but I have to admit
that large keys take some time to transmit while you have to hold both
devices together the whole time.

Tech details (could be interesting): We registrered the mime type
"application/pgp-keys" for NDEF_DISCOVERED (see
https://github.com/dschuermann/openpgp-keychain/blob/master/OpenPGP-Keychain/AndroidManifest.xml#L266).
If you use the same mime type, it should be possible to share keys from
GPG4Android to OpenPGP Keychain and vice versa.

Regards
Dominik