[guardian-dev] Blackphone

ShootAKite at riseup.net ShootAKite at riseup.net
Fri Jan 17 10:42:15 EST 2014

Hey Lee!
> If you have a suggestion to do p2p real time voice without a central
> registry to locate end points and not use IP addresses please share
> that information! I've been looking for such a system for years now.
> The design challenges are far too abstract to make sense of with my
> understanding of IP networking.
Today I use CSipSimple to call an IP address directly without going
through a SIP Server.  Just select 'local' in wizard, it will just ask
you the display name you'd like for local account.  When you want to
initiate a call with a SIP client (without a SIP Server) simply enter
their IP address (you must type a fake username) in the field.  Works
flawlessly!

I can give you my current IP if you would like to test.

I've also used Speak Freely back in the 90's to call IP's directly by
first having the callee send me an email.  Then I would use the IP
address in the email header to call them.  This also worked flawlessly!
http://www.speakfreely.org/

Aaron