[guardian-dev] Facebook hosting SOUPS 2014!

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Fri Jan 17 11:21:06 EST 2014

Symposium On Usable Privacy and Security
http://cups.cs.cmu.edu/soups/2014/

In-cooperation with USENIX
The tenth Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS) will be held
July 9-11, 2014 at Facebook Headquarters in Menlo Park, California. This
symposium will bring together an interdisciplinary group of researchers
and practitioners in human computer interaction, security, and privacy.
The program features technical papers, workshops and tutorials, a poster
session, panels and invited talks, and lightning talks. SOUPS 2014 will
be held in cooperation with USENIX and ACM SIGCHI.
Symposium On Usable Privacy and Security

In-cooperation with USENIX
The tenth Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS) will be held
July 9-11, 2014 at Facebook Headquarters in Menlo Park, California. This
symposium will bring together an interdisciplinary group of researchers
and practitioners in human computer interaction, security, and privacy.
The program features technical papers, workshops and tutorials, a poster
session, panels and invited talks, and lightning talks. SOUPS 2014 will
be held in cooperation with USENIX and ACM SIGCHI.

Not Your Typical Conference
SOUPS distinguishes itself from other conferences by both providing a
high quality technical program and by bringing together an
interdisciplinary group of attendees in a format conducive to informal
discussion and networking. SOUPS offers reasonable registration fees,
which include meals catered by local restaurants featuring a variety of
cuisines. Past attendees have raved about "the amazing group of people
who were here to talk with" and the "awesome food." One past attendee
wrote: "Overall, this is the best conference I've attended. I may be
ruined forever going to SIGCHI and other larger conferences."

NEWS

New this year: SOUPS technical papers must be registered by February 28
to be considered for the program. Authors then have until 5 pm US
Pacific time on March 6 to upload their submissions. Additionally, this
year papers must be anonymized, as reviewing will be double blind.

SOUPS is seeking sponsors! Contact the SOUPS general chair, Lorrie
Cranor, for more information about sponsorship opportunities. We're
looking for meal sponsors, sponsors for scholarships, and more!

SOUPS acceptance rates: 2005: 10/39 (25%); 2006: 14/39 (35%); 2007:
12/41 (29%); 2008: 13/43 (30%); 2009: 15/49 (30%); 2010: 16/65 (24%);
2011: 15/45 (33%); 2012: 14/67 (20%); 2013 15/51 (29%)

Join the soups-announce mailing list to receive occasional SOUPS
announcements, including CFPs and deadline information.