[guardian-dev] Facebook hosting SOUPS 2014!

Dominik Schürmann dominik at dominikschuermann.de
Tue Jan 21 09:53:04 EST 2014

Hey,

it's a good conference. I was there last year with two posters. It's
rank 3 on http://faculty.cs.tamu.edu/guofei/sec_conf_stat.htm and deals
mainly with usability aspects in security, which are underestimated in
the academic community in my opinion.

What I liked is that all publications are made available on their
website (see http://cups.cs.cmu.edu/soups/2013/program.html for
example), thus not behind a paywall and also published in an academic
proceeding.

Sponsoring of conferences is always a problem :D
But you are right it is indeed ironic.

Regards
Dominik