[guardian-dev] State of Mobile XMPP | XEP-0198 &

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Tue Jan 21 11:00:58 EST 2014

On 01/16/2014 03:34 PM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
> On 01/16/2014 02:00 PM, Pranesh Prakash wrote:
>> http://fnanp.in-ulm.de/blog/2014/01/16/01-woes.html

> Oh, man missed his review by a hair. Those reconnection bugs have been
> fixed in the new release, along with a great deal of others.
>
>> Is there a listing of all the XEPs that Chatsecure implements?  I
>> could easily find such listings for yaxim and Xabber:
>> http://yaxim.org/features/ http://www.xabber.org/
>
> You are right that we are overdue with a clean listing of these. The
> Xabber site is looking good on that front.
>
> I will work with the iOS team who runs https://chatsecure.org to make
> sure we have a clean listing there.
>
>> And maybe these guys can use GnuPG for Android?  Would that be
>> possible in the current state of GnuPG for Android?
>> https://github.com/pfleidi/yaxim/issues/83
>
> Georg, the Yaxim dev is on this list and our IRC channel. We do want
> people to move to use GnuPG for Android, but the API isn't final just
> yet. We are beginning to explore its use with ChatSecure, and will
> share how it goes.

We are working on a common OpenPGP API for Android in conjunction with the
OpenPGP Keychain developer and the K-9 developers.  Our notes and sketch are
available here:

https://dev.guardianproject.info/projects/gpgandroid/wiki/API_Sketch/

I believe that there is a sketch of the API available in OpenPGP Keychain now.
 We would love to have feedback on the API.  We want to make it easy for
people to do things like add PGP support to chat apps.