[guardian-dev] ostel over 2g ?

ShootAKite at riseup.net ShootAKite at riseup.net
Wed Jan 22 13:23:08 EST 2014

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 08:39:25PM +1100, shmick at riseup.net wrote:
>> would this ever be possible in regional areas?
>> i had 45s of latency trying with both parties on 2g
>>
>> it was a while since i used it and noticed the twofish-256 cipher &
>> remember previously it was some 128 variant
>>
>> is this hard coded from the ostel ostn server and how could it be
>> changed if at all possible ?
>>
>> i use the csipsimple client
>>
>> would aes 128 be more sensible and reduce latency ???

OSTN will not have higher latency on a low-bandwidth 2g network.  I'm
trying to figure out how your data packets are surviving 45 seconds
without being discarded.  First be sure both you and your callee have
VPN turned off.  Also follow instructions from previous posters and
select a low-bandwidth codec on both caller and callee devices.  During
the call press call info to verify you're using the low bandwidth
codec.  If that doesn't work then you can submit your problem at
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/csipsimple-users