[guardian-dev] ChatSecure for iOS has great international language support

Chris Ballinger chrisballinger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 13:31:36 EST 2014

Thanks! We do all of our layout in code so there is no bothersome
maintenance of multiple nibs. We also do some tricks
<https://github.com/chrisballinger/Off-the-Record-iOS/blob/master/Off%20the%20Record/OTRLanguageManager.m#L120>in
order to support languages not supported by the OS like Tibetan so we
technically don't use NSLocalizedString within our app except in one file
to help gather the strings together. One of the most annoying things was
updating the app store metadata and screenshots, but I wrote a
tool<https://github.com/ChatSecure/ChatSecure-Metadata> to
automate most of that process.