[guardian-dev] Build process for Android Tor binary

Rod Hynes r.hynes at psiphon.ca
Mon Jan 27 11:42:54 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Michael Rogers
<michael at briarproject.org> wrote:
> I've had a quick play with Ploggy and it looks like a really nice app;
> I love the robot avatars. But I can't work out how to add friends. Is
> the friends tab populated with people who are nearby?

Hi,

You can exchange identities using NFC. All the Ploggy Activities are
wired to send NFC messages once an identity has been generated. So you
just put the devices together with Ploggy in the foreground and then
you get an Add Friend prompt. Because of how Android Beam works, the
NFC exchange is unidirectional only, so you have to do two Android
Beams actions to exchange identities in both directions.

We also support exchanging the Ploggy identity file out-of-band (Email
Your Identity on the action bar menu) although there's obviously some
concern about unlinkability with this.

In the future we expect to add a friend introduction mechanism to make
this identity bootstrapping process less onerous.

Rod