[guardian-dev] NetCipher and gradle

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Thu Jul 31 15:20:53 EDT 2014

We'd like to support gradle for all of our libraries and apps, but most of us
are not using gradle yet, so patches are welcome.

gradle looks quite promising, but it is still very much a moving target.  So
right now the effect of using gradle is to shift the build system pain from
the daily developer to the people who are just getting started.  For a free
software project, that's not a good scenario since it makes people less likely
to contribute.

.hc