[guardian-dev] Thanks!

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 6 21:57:03 EDT 2014

Our code is different than NetCipher's assumptions in various silly ways that are more bugs on our end than features, but whatever. But I just wanted to say thanks because following NetCipher's lead we were able to get our shared Java/Android HttpClient library to successfully talk Socks4a to the local Tor OP!

Next up is figuring out if we'll follow Briar and try to extract from Orbot the actual Tor OP code so we can host our own OP as well. I wonder what it would take to turn the Orbot Tor OP code into an AAR.

        Thanks,

                Yaron