[guardian-dev] [Fwd: [k-9-dev] OpenPGP Provider API 2]

Dominik Schürmann dominik at dominikschuermann.de
Tue Mar 25 06:21:51 EDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-24 at 11:10 -0400, Hans of Guardian wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2014, at 9:42 PM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
>
> > On 03/23/2014 08:26 PM, Pranesh Prakash wrote:
> >> Here's a fork of K-9 that supports PGP/MIME :
> >>
> >> https://github.com/imaeses/k-9
> >
> > Oh, there are some interesting things to learn from this fork... it adds
> > PGP/MIME support without really requiring a whole change to the K9
> > database schema. I don't see why these changes couldn't me merged back
> > into K9 fairly easily.
> >
> > +n
>
> Has anyone actually tried it?  Does it work well?

I have not tried it but I think it only works with the closed source PGP
Keyring
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imaeses.keyring&hl=de)

There is another fork here: https://github.com/k9mail/k-9/pull/408 which
got rejected by cketti. I think imaeses fork would be rejected based on
the same grounds.

Regards
Dominik