[guardian-dev] FireChat moved off iOS proprietary mesh to their own xp mesh protocol?

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Wed Oct 1 11:23:52 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 11:20 AM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
> 1) This psuedo broadcast mode, where you use the bluetooth device name
> to spam the airwaves to anyone who will listen.

Also the totally funny aspect of this, is that anyone can participate
even if they don't have the app. Just setting your device visibility to
infinite (which both my Nexus 7 and Moto E support), and then setting
some sort of useful, informative device name like "8pm Tuesday: We need
medical supplies at the corner of 7th and Main", allows you to
participate in this (not)mesh.

+n