[guardian-dev] FireChat moved off iOS proprietary mesh to their own xp mesh protocol?

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Wed Oct 1 14:20:36 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 01:48 PM, Michael Rogers wrote:

> On 01/10/14 17:53, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
> > Interesting results... here is what my hacking has wrought:
> >
> > https://github.com/n8fr8/gilgamesh
>
> A couple of quick bug reports:
>
> * At startup it prompts to turn on Bluetooth but doesn't prompt to
> make the device discoverable. The discoverability dialog isn't shown
> until I leave and re-enter the activity.

Ah thanks. Fixed.
https://github.com/n8fr8/gilgamesh/commit/c2c5b9e8a607732794ba61151d8b3f9fe46a98a6

> * It leaves the device name changed after I stop using the app. Now my
> devices are all called things like "Huh" and "Cool". ;-)

That is part of the fun... it also means your last message hangs around
even when the app is off, and can be seen by other app users. I suppose
an option to restore your standard device name could be added.
https://github.com/n8fr8/gilgamesh/issues/1

> * This is an evil hack and you are evil.

Please join in the evil! Feel free to use this idea in Briar if it all
makes sense and/or use this as playground for ideas.

Maybe we could add support in for BluetoothLE devices if API > 18?
https://github.com/n8fr8/gilgamesh/issues/2

Or adding in OTR or TSv2/Axotol support would be fun:
https://github.com/n8fr8/gilgamesh/issues/3

+n