[guardian-dev] GilgaMesh (was Re: FireChat moved off iOS proprietary mesh to their own xp mesh protocol?)

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Thu Oct 9 14:47:59 EDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 12:27 PM, ghostlands at hush.com wrote:

> Sorry to interject this so late in the thread,
>
> Has anyone (Nathan?) seen or looked at SplinterNet? Development
> seems to have stalled, but even though the interface is a bit
> confusing, the app works. On the user end at least it seems very
> similar to what is being built in GilgaMesh.
>
> https://github.com/megamattron/SplinterNet
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.larvalabs.sneaker&
> hl=en

Yes, we are aware of it. There is also FluidNexus:
https://fluidnexus.net/ and a few other similar ideas.

The primary difference is that these all use the Bluetooth RFComm socket
connection capability, while what I am exploring is using the 248 byte
bluetooth name and Wifi Service Discovery name service as a way to
constantly broadcast data to all people around you.

Ultimately though, I hope this concept is built into apps like
Splinternet, Serval, heck even Twitter if they want to add a "local
mesh" mode.

+n