[guardian-dev] DarkMatter and Pond on Android - DISCUSS!

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Wed Oct 15 14:44:30 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014, at 12:23 PM, Josh Steiner wrote:
> Love their focus on hiding in plain sight.  Curious about Pond though,
> seems great in concept but as the author says* in boldface:
>
> "Dear God, please don't use Pond for anything real yet. I've hammered
> out nearly 20K lines of code that have never been reviewed. Unless
> you're looking to experiment you should go use something that actually
> works."
>
> I wonder if maybe this news is a bit premature?
>
> *here: https://pond.imperialviolet.org/

Yes, that is a good reminder of the state of Pond. Also, the state of
the UI of their mobile app is extremely minimal.

That said, there will come a time in the very near future I suspect when
that disclaimer will be updated to something more like: "Please don't
use this for life and death matters", but then people still will.

+n