[guardian-dev] ChatSecure keeps signing in forever

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Wed Oct 15 14:56:34 EDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014, at 11:43 AM, SecTech wrote:
> I am an ChatSecure user / tester and I have a problem with ChatSecure.
> If ChatSecure want to reconnect to a XMPP account it is signing in
> forever and I stay offline. I have to kill the app with long press the
> back button or with the help of a root taskmanager.
> Any solution or is it maybe a known bug?

First, there are many cases where reconnect does work. However, it does
sound like you get to a case where it does hang due to a variety of
complex reasons. You shouldn't need root. At the very least a "force
stop" should reset the state.

When it is stuck signing in, signing out manually from the account
screen doesn't do anything?

> By the way, how can I get the error logs of ChatSecure? I activated the
> error logs in the settings and have Logcat installed, but it don't show
> the error logs of ChatSecure.

It should show output there, but maybe the debug output is being
stripped on the release builds. Will verify.

> Sorry if I have written this mail at the wrong list or people. Do
> someone know where a better place for bugreports is?

This list is fine. If you want private, direct support you can email
support at guardianproject.info or post bugs at
https://dev.guardianproject.info/projects/gibberbot