[guardian-dev] HockeySDK still used in ChatSecure?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Mon Oct 20 21:50:04 EDT 2014

I see that the HockeySDK.jar is included in ChatSecure.  Is the Hockey stuff
still used?  If it is only used for gathering crash reports, I think we should
switch to the Google Play beta channel.  It doesn't require adding a jar or
any special API.  And they've added two new ways for getting the crash reports:

* via user permissions to the Play console, so a user account can have
read-only access to get the crash dumps and related stuff

* as files via Google Drive.