[guardian-dev] CfP Fosdem 2015: Open Source design devroom

Bernard Tyers bernard.tyers at transformuk.com
Mon Oct 20 13:06:12 EDT 2014

FOSDEM 2015
Date: Sunday, February 1st 2015
Location: Brussels, Belguim
Deadline: 1st December 2014

—————

This is the Call for Participation for the FOSDEM 2015 Open Source  Design devroom. We invite you to send in your  submissions about design work on free, libre and open source projects.

FOSDEM is the Free and Open source Software Developers’ European Meeting, a free and non-commercial two-day weekend event that offers open source contributors a place to meet, share ideas and collaborate.

For the first time this year, there will be a design devroom at FOSDEM: a full day of talks around design work on free, libre and open source projects. The Open Source Design devroom will take place on Sunday, February 1st.

We mean ‘design’ in the broadest sense, from user research, to interface and interaction design, typography, and usability testing – all in the context of open source projects, which we believe introduces unique challenges.

Designers, and developers working with designers (or on a design-minded project) are welcome to submit proposals.

What and how to submit
======================

RECORDING AND LICENSING:

It is quite likely that the talks in the Open Source Design devroom will be audio and video recorded. By submitting a proposal you consent to be recorded and agree to license the content of your talk under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license.

FORMAT:
=======

30-minute presentations (we are leaving 15 minutes for questions and discussion).

SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
====================

1st December 2014

HOW TO SUBMIT:
==============

All submissions are made in the Pentabarf event planning tool at

https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM15

When submitting your talk in Pentabarf, make sure to select the ‘Open source design devroom’ as the ‘Track’.

If you already have a Pentabarf account from a previous year, please reuse it: create an account if, and only if, you don’t have one from a previous year. If you have any issues with Pentabarf, do not despair: contact belenbarrospena at gmail dot com

WHO COORDINATES THIS OPEN SOURCE DESIGN DEVROOM THING?

Belén Barros Pena
Jan-Christoph Borchardt
Felix Niklas
Lewis Nyman
Dani Nordin
Hylke Bons
Lisa Rex
Roy Scholten
Philipp Sackl
Bastian Ilsø Hougaard
Mikael Korpela
Bernard Tyers

MORE INFORMATION:

http://www.ei8fdb.org/thoughts/2014/10/fosdem-2015-call-for-papers-on-open-source-design/
Transform is a trading division of Engine Partners UK LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England & Wales with registered number OC365812.
Our registered office is at 60 Great Portland Street, London  W1W 7RT, United Kingdom.
A list of our members is open for inspection at our registered office.