[guardian-dev] How your phone's battery life can be used to invade your privacy

Amogh Pradeep amoghbl1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 04:54:08 EDT 2015

Yes, its an api which works on laptops as well. I haven't personally tested
tor browser, but the paper mentions that there was a discussion about the
api back in 2012. They must have disabled it then, because I didn't make
any changes to OrFox to achieve it.
Even with noscripts disabled for the test site, it responds with api not
available, same way it does for the location api. I guess they've disabled
it at the gecko engine level.