[guardian-dev] work on F-Droid as part of our Bazaar project

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Dec 4 09:37:22 EST 2015

Hey all,

We just got our Bazaar project funded, to make F-Droid the ultimate
private, unblockable app and media store.

Now we need to find some freelancers to work on our "Bazaar" project,
which is what we call this funded effort for work in F-Droid. I figured
that some of you might be interested. We're looking specifically for:

* Android UI and general hackers (Android knowledge essential)
* Android Java work (a strong Java programmer with Android interest
could do this)
* python CLI (fdroid tools aka fdroidserver)
* knowledge of F-Droid, especially if you've already contributed
* build experts to nail down reproducible builds on complicated apps
like Firefox/Fennec
* technical community management
* documentation and tutorial writing

The contracts can be anywhere from a week to a full time year, depending
on skillset and match with the various communities. This project will
touch a lot of free software projects with widely varying cultures
(F-Droid, Guardian Project, Android, Debian, Tor, Firefox, buildbot,
gradle, Psiphon, Lantern, etc), and we need to work well with them all.

Email me off-list for more info.

https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x9F0FE587374BBE81