[guardian-dev] K9 + orbot

cketti cketti at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 11:26:53 EST 2015

There's an open pull request to add support for a SOCKS proxy [0], at
least for sending and receiving mail. There are a couple of places where
SOCKS support is missing, most notably when downloading remote content
displayed in HTML messages. See [1].

Currently, we're focusing on getting PGP/MIME support in a usable state.
So SOCKS support might take a while. But I'm happy to answer questions
related to the K-9 Mail code base if anyone wants to volunteer.

-cketti
(K-9 Mail project lead)

[0]: https://github.com/k9mail/k-9/pull/861
[1]: https://github.com/k9mail/k-9/issues/980