[guardian-dev] NewPipe - free software youtube player

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Thu Dec 31 15:12:18 EST 2015

I just found this nice, simple youtube player app that claims to be
fully free software.  Its currently only on F-Droid as far as I could find:

https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=newpipe&fdid=org.schabi.newpipe

I'm going to see about adding in our suite of paranoia, I think it has a
lot of potential to be the most private way to watch youtube:

* NetCipher for best TLS available and Tor integration
* PanicKit to wipe history when the panic button is pressed
* AndroidPinning to ensure there is no MITM when fetching from youtube.com

PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556