[guardian-dev] OrbotVPN

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Wed Feb 4 12:40:20 EST 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015, at 08:35 PM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
> Wow, thanks! On the road right now, but eager to take a look.
>
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2015, at 06:57 AM, SandroB Browser wrote:
> > Updated sources and changes that makes dns work.
> > Hope that helps.
> >
> > https://github.com/SuppSandroB/Ony/blob/master/src/org/torproject/android/vpn/OrbotVpnService.java#L176
> > https://github.com/SuppSandroB/Ony/blob/master/external/badvpn_dns/tun2socks/tun2socks.c#L1131

I have integrated your code and changes into my v15-dev branch, which
can be found at:

https://github.com/n8fr8/orbot/tree/v15-dev
or https://gitweb.torproject.org/n8fr8/orbot.git/log/?h=v15-dev

I am still having some issues with the DNS working, but I think your
modification to Tor below is related to this... why do we recompile Tor
to listen on 10.0.0.1? Is that so it is available from within the
virtual interface? Can't we just make this change in the torrc file?

> > // external/tor/src/or/config.c
> > if (parse_port_config(ports,
> >                         options->DNSPort_lines,
> >                         options->DNSListenAddress,
> >                         "DNS", CONN_TYPE_AP_DNS_LISTENER,
> >                         "10.0.0.1", 0,
> >                         CL_PORT_WARN_NONLOCAL|CL_PORT_TAKES_HOSTNAMES) <
> >                         0)
> > {
> >     *msg = tor_strdup("Invalid DNSPort/DNSListenAddress configuration");
> >     goto err;
> >   }

Thanks!