[guardian-dev] warrant canary

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Tue Feb 10 04:29:57 EST 2015

Yes, this is very useful!  That's why we have implemented this in FDroid.  Its
pretty raw at the moment, but we do have at least one app that has been
accepted to FDroid using a reproducible build process.  This app was built by
f-droid.org's build infrastructure, then compared against the official
Guardian Project build, and since they matched, f-droid.org published an APK
using our signature:

https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=info.guardianproject.checkey

Anyone can submit their app to f-droid.org as long as it is all free software.
 To make f-droid.org verify its build against yours, just include a download
link to your official APK in the Binaries: metadata field:
https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata/tree/master/metadata/info.guardianproject.checkey.txt

You can read more here:
* https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/Deterministic,_Reproducible_Builds
* https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/Verification_Server