[guardian-dev] PLUTO: Adding Pluggable Transports to any app

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Tue Feb 10 14:13:57 EST 2015

On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 10:28:06AM -0500, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
> This is *very early* still, but thought I would share to get early
> feedback. In short, we are looking at promoting the use of pluggable
> transports like ObfsProxy and Meek for any app, and not just as part of
> Tor. We think many apps could utilize this approach to defeat DPI
> filtering, and that this would be useful to offer decoupled from the way
> Tor integrates it. After all, Pluggable Transports are essentially just
> a fancy kind of single-hop SOCKS proxy.

I added PLUTO to the list of PT libraries at
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/PluggableTransports#PTlibraries.

Are you a part of this GitHub group and page dedicated to pluggable
transports? It would be good to add information about how Guardian is
doing anti-blocking.
https://obfuscation.github.io/

David Fifield