[guardian-dev] "HTTPS Everywhere" for Android itself (not just the browsers)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Sun Jan 18 15:29:54 EST 2015

I don't think it would make a big difference efficiency-wise whether it was
implemented in the app or the browser.  But making it an app can help with
situations where only using it in a browser cannot, like when sharing URLs
generated by proprietary apps (e.g. Google Maps uses an HTTP URL for sharing
location).  The app wouldn't be so good for re-writing all the URLs contained
in a webpage, e.g analytics sites, javascript sources, etc. The browser-based
solution is the right place for that.

.hc

Patrick Connolly: