[guardian-dev] howto for a good redmine setup on Debian/Ubuntu

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Wed Mar 25 11:24:32 EDT 2015

Cédric Jeanneret:
> raaah, wrong reply-to :(. Sent only to .hc
>
> On 03/24/2015 09:38 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I'm planning on moving our redmine site to a new VM.  I'm not a web dev,
>> devops, or ruby person, but I can follow any kind of HOWTO.  Can anyone
>> recommend a simple, reliable, easy-to-update setup for ruby/redmine on Debian?
>>  Ideally it would use as many Debian packages as possible so the updates are
>> more automatic.
>>
>> The current version uses passenger, and it is not easy to update.
>>
>> .hc
>>

> Heya!
>
> I've installed a redmine on a debian, and have a puppet receipt for
> that… Using only debian packages, meaning reproducible at will.
>
> I may create some gist in order to let you see what it does?
>
> Cheers,
>
> C.

Seeing your setup would be useful, for sure.

I was thinking of running this on Debian/jessie, since its almost released,
but I don't want to use redmine itself out of Debian, since its not even a
released version (3.0~20140825-5), unless you think its really going to be
actively updated in Debian.

https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x9F0FE587374BBE81