[guardian-dev] fdroid repos for nightly builds of our apps

David Oliver david at olivercoady.com
Thu May 7 08:31:58 EDT 2015

Hans, I tried this and it's pretty cool!  Got stuck on the part about
"adding the Courier Repo".

After installing the F-Droid app, one needs to visit the overflow menu,
then tap "Repositories". This will display a list of available
repositories, two of which are "Guardian Official" and "Guardian Archive".

I turned "GP Official" on, then tapped the re-sync icon, which displayed
some nice toasts telling me what was happening (love that!).  But when I
returned to the main screen (which was displaying the "available" tab),
nothing showed up.

Two suggestions:

1. I see that the updates table shows a number next to it, perhaps the
number of available updates to apps that are already installed?  I'd like
to see a similar value next to the number of apps installed (that is, next
to the "installed" tab keyword).

2. Rather than displaying nothing in the "available" tab, perhaps the icons
for installed apps could be displayed at half-intensity with a message "up
to date".

Additionally, I like all the detail shown for apps, but I'm not sure the
license-type is necessary on the "installed" screen (it should be on the
"available" screen, where is where you'd make your choice about installing
an app of your liking).  Can we substitute, for example, the amount of
storage an app is consuming on the "installed" page?  Much more useful.

Looks great!

David M. Oliver | david at olivercoady.com | http://olivercoady.com |
http://dmo.tel | Ostel: oliv | +1 970 368 2366