[guardian-dev] obfsclient android

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Tue May 12 16:10:22 EDT 2015

I've cc'd Yawning @ torproject, since hs is the other of obfsclient.

On Sat, May 9, 2015, at 06:42 AM, Mani Behrouz wrote:
> I'm trying to add obfsclient binary to my android app.
> I exported following env
>
> export TOR_PT_STATE_LOCATION=""
> export TOR_PT_MANAGED_TRANSPORT_VER="1"
> export TOR_PT_CLIENT_TRANSPORTS="obfs2"

Looks good so far. Have you tried using the latest obfs4 binary in Orbot
v15?

> when I run ./obfsclient
> VERSION 1
> CMETHOD obfs2 socks5 127.0.0.1:51924
> CMETHODS Done
>
> first of all I can't specify the local port which obfsclient should
> bind to, obfsclient chooses it randomly.

Yes, I think that is how it works. Why do you need to specify it?

> and second issue is that
> I try to pass openvpn traffic by this, but here is the error message
>
>  D/OPEN_VPN﹕ TCP connection established with [AF_INET]127.0.0.1:51924
>  D/OPEN_VPN﹕ recv_socks_reply: Socks proxy returned bad reply

It may be that the obfs bridges you are trying to connect to on the
other side only allow Tor traffic... or are you running your own bridge?

--
  Nathan of Guardian
  nathan at guardianproject.info