[guardian-dev] System.setProperty("socksProxyHost", "127.0.0.1") on Android

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Fri Sep 4 15:25:08 EDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015, at 05:26 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> I can't really find another way to add a SOCKS proxy to an
> HttpURLConnection,
> and HttpURLConnection is the standard, recommended way to do HTTP
> connections
> in Android.

That is the whole reason I went the HTTPClient direction way back
when... but yes, it would be good to understand if there is some hidden
feature there.

OTOH, maybe we need to do a SQLCipher-esque approach, where we dig into
the native code, and provide an
info.guardianproject.net.HttpUrlConnection class?

--
  Nathan of Guardian
  nathan at guardianproject.info