[guardian-dev] "Enable SNI" pull request CI build is now failing

Mark Murphy mmurphy at commonsware.com
Mon Apr 25 09:50:59 EDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016, at 09:45, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> The CI build is now failing with the most recent addition to your pull
> request.

Yes, I noticed that after pushing the change. :-(

> This seems to be the error:
>
>   java.net.UnknownHostException: Unable to resolve host "yahoo.com": No
> address associated with hostname
>
>   at java.net.InetAddress.lookupHostByName(InetAddress.java:457)
>
> Strange error, it could just be a hiccup in the travis-ci build machine.

Since there isn't anything that I did that should affect hostname
lookups, I have assumed that this is some networking issue related to
whatever the CI server is doing for testing Android apps.

Is there a way to request an on-demand CI server test run? What I might
do is manually run the CI server tests before submitting future pull
requests, to see if the pull request itself caused test result changes
on the CI server.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
https://commonsware.com | https://github.com/commonsguy