[guardian-dev] Orfox 1.2.1 released

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Fri Dec 2 01:06:15 EST 2016

From: https://guardianproject.info/2016/12/02/orfox-1-2-1-released/

We’ve released a new version of Orfox, our Tor Browser for Android, that
contains an an important security update to Firefox.

This update is based on the latest release of Tor Browser, which was
announced with this message:

The security flaw responsible for this urgent release is already
actively exploited on Windows systems. Even though there is currently,
to the best of our knowledge, no similar exploit for OS X or Linux users
available the underlying bug affects those platforms as well. Thus we
strongly recommend that all users apply the update to their Tor Browser
immediately.
The release has been tagged on Github and you can find the signed,
release APKs there. The update has also been pushed to Google Play, and
should be rolling out over the next few hours. We will also be updating
our F-Droid repo in the next 24 hours.

Finally, this marks the first time we have released an update of Orfox
within 24 hours of a release of Tor Browser. We will continue to aim for
this goal moving forward for both ongoing releases and critical updates.

--
  Nathan of Guardian
  nathan at guardianproject.info