[guardian-dev] hidden services, doze, battery life

arrase arrase at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 20:13:08 EST 2016

When a user wants to have a hidden service active in sleep mode has to pay
the toll imposed by Android and we can not do anything about it without
patching Tor.

So I think our best approach is to ask the user to include Orbot in the
white list of Doze when there is some hidden service active and remind him
to delete Orbot from the list when all the services are paused.

I have written the code that manages the permission with the minimum
impact, but I would like to know what Nathan thinks before adding it to my
branch.