[guardian-dev] Internet of Onion Things and the OnionCam

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Wed Feb 10 07:49:55 EST 2016

I have been working on some ideas about using Tor to improve the state
of inter-connectivity, authentication, confidentiality of so-called
"Internet of Things" devices. The link below is to a rough draft of a
presentation I gave yesterday to start hashing out these ideas in a more
public way. It also includes instructions on how, using Orbot and any
Android device with a camera, you can build your very own private hidden
service-based "OnionCam" setup. It works surprisingly well.

https://github.com/n8fr8/onionthings/blob/master/docs/Internet%20of%20Onion%20Things.pdf

My hope is that we can promote Tor as a very real answer to the need to
connect all these things in a safe and secure way, that doesn't rely on
exposing ports via NAT or depend on syncing data to a cloud.

For a related topic, see Yawnbox's "Create an anonymous document drop
with any Android" post:
https://yawnbox.com/index.php/2015/12/02/create-an-anonymous-document-drop-with-any-android/

+n

--