[guardian-dev] NetCipher: How Do I Know That It Is Working?

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Sun Feb 14 09:45:29 EST 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016, at 08:24 AM, Mark Murphy wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2016, at 01:21, grarpamp wrote:
> > https://check.torproject.org/api/ip
> > But that's only for browsers.
>
> I'd argue it's for Web service clients as well, which happens to be my
> test case. A JSON return payload is very cool, and it seems to be
> working.

Yes, that is what I hoped. We can add a helper function called
makeSureIAmReallyUsingTor() that hits that and verifies the response.
Does that work from your perspective, Mark?

Agreed the MITM is not the right solution. Seems like there has been a
lot of unfortunate implementations of that in the news recently.

+n