[guardian-dev] NetCipher Book Chapter, and HTTP Stack Integration

Mark Murphy mmurphy at commonsware.com
Thu Feb 25 11:22:19 EST 2016

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016, at 11:15, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Is Intent.setComponent() the thing that makes the Orbot ACTION_START
> Intent launch Orbot even if it is in the stopped state after just being
> installed?

Yes. I don't think that setPackage() is sufficient.

> >> Here's the archtecture for that that
> >> I've been working on over the years:
> >>
> >> https://dev.guardianproject.info/projects/bazaar/wiki/Chained_TLS_Cert_Verification
> >
> > In a related area, I have TrustManagerBuilder in CWAC-Security:
> >
> > https://github.com/commonsguy/cwac-security/blob/master/TrustManagerBuilder.markdown
>
> Seems like we should join forces on this one!

If you would like the code to live in CWAC-Security, and there are
things that TrustManagerBuilder lacks, file enhancement requests, so
that I know what is needed.

If you would like the code to live elsewhere (e.g., a Guardian Project,
er, project), that's fine. I want something like TrustManagerBuilder to
exist, but I am not especially hung up on where it exists.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
https://commonsware.com | https://github.com/commonsguy