[guardian-dev] System.setProperty("socksProxyHost", "127.0.0.1") on Android

Amogh Pradeep amoghbl1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 18:41:02 EST 2016

Oh well, looks like the guys at apache seem to have figured this out.
As far as I remember, the blocker we were having was going to be fixed as soon as they resolved https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1632.
And so we seem to have some supported httpclient that should work across all androids, here: https://github.com/smarek/httpclient-android/wiki/Project-Introduction.

I could try building with this library and looking at what happens, but this is something that the folks at Mozilla would love to have, last time I checked.
Will check out what they have done, and see if this stuff could be applied upstream as well.

Best,
amoghbl1
amoghbl1 at gmail.com