[guardian-dev] Chatsecure on Android Emulator: always "Signing in..."

Massimo Canonico mex at di.unipmn.it
Fri Jul 1 09:22:21 EDT 2016

Update for those are interested.

The apk works well in the android emulator if the user does not enter
the master password (I can login and chat).

The apk does not work in a real device if I use "adb install
chatsecure-latest.apk"

Questione: is there any difference between the chatsecure-latest.apk and
the apk use in google play?

I got the apk from here:
https://guardianproject.info/releases/?C=M;O=D

Massimo

On 21/06/16 23:37, Massimo Canonico wrote:

> On 21/06/16 16:15, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
>> Can you test on an actual device?
> Yes, by using ChatSecure from google play no problem.
>>
>> Also try setting the debug variable to true in the DebugUtil class.
> Ok, I'll looking for DebugUtil class into source code. After a quick
> search, I only get DebugUtil.class not the java code. But it's just a
> quick search.
>>
>> Also, I really wish you would work from the Zom or Conversations
>> codebase. The ChatSecureAndroid repo is terribly out of date.
> Next time, for sure. Right now I have done too much work on ChatSecure
> for my research and
> I really need to complete the work with this app. Besides, an app with
> 500k-1M installs (i.e. ChatSecure) is more interesting that an app
> with less than 1000 installs (i.e. Zom).
>
> Thanks Nathan for your time.
> Massimo
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 21, 2016, at 09:47 AM, Massimo Canonico wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I'm having a problem with ChatSecure on my android emulator.
>>> I can install it and, when I set up my google account, the app is not
>>> able to connect
>>> by using my google credential. I'm sure about my login/password and
>>> chatsecure on
>>> an android physical device works perfectly.
>>>
>>> So I'm wondering if there is something on android emulator that make
>>> securechat not
>>> able to connect with google account.
>>>
>>> I'll add a couple of info from the logcat, maybe this could help you to
>>> help me ;)
>>>
>>> By looking for chatsecure into the logcat, I've got:
>>>
>>> W/ActivityManager(  379): No content provider found for permission
>>> revoke:file:///data/local/tmp/chatsecure-latest.apk
>>> W/ActivityManager(  379): No content provider found for permission
>>> revoke:file:///data/local/tmp/chatsecure-latest.apk
>>> I/ChatSecure( 1719): no chatsecure.properties available
>>>
>>> By looking for guardian, I've got:
>>>
>>> E/WindowManager(  379): Starting window AppWindowToken{b21b4358
>>> token=Token{b23072e0 ActivityRecord{b22594f8 u0