[guardian-dev] Fwd: [tor-dev] [GSoC 2016] Orfox - Report 1

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Fri Jun 3 11:37:07 EDT 2016

----- Original message -----
From: Amogh Pradeep <amoghbl1 at gmail.com>
To: "tor-dev at lists.torproject.org" <tor-dev at lists.torproject.org>
Subject: [tor-dev] [GSoC 2016] Orfox - Report 1
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 16:37:04 +0200

Hey guys,

This is my first status report for GSoC 2016.

I’ve attended the tor browser meeting on IRC and done some
organizational work there.
We plan to now track Orfox specific tickets on trac [0] using the
keyword “tbb-mobile”.
We still have bugs on the TGP bug tracker [1] but plan to move slowly
from there to trac.
Currently, on the tor projects trac, we have mobile fingerprinting
tickets.

I’ve also had success in rebasing from orfox-tor-browser-38.5.0esr-5.5-2
to orfox-tor-browser-38.8.0esr-5.5-1 [2].
Between the time of writing the GSoC proposal and the start of the
program, we rebased from orfox-tb_GECKO380esr_2015050513_RELBRANCH to
orfox-tor-browser-38.5.0esr-5.5-2.
And now we’ve successfully moved to 38.8.0.
Here’s a temporary build if someone wants to check it out [3]. But the
official one should be on FDroid pretty soon.

Next up, ESR 45. Rebasing to 45 might be harder, but I will see how it
goes.
After which I plan on starting with the code audit.

Thats it for now, just regular maintenance stuff, nothing fancy to
report!

Hope you guys have a nice weekend.

Best,
Amogh Pradeep