[guardian-dev] IOCipher Checkpointing

Robert Wiley robert.wiley15 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 00:44:36 EDT 2016

Hi,

I've been playing around with IOCipher for a while and it's really great!

Couple of questions if anyone has the time.

Is there anyway to manually ask the database to perform a checkpoint and
write the contents of the write ahead log to the database?

I've noticed that the WAL file seems to grow continually and can get quite
large and only seems to get written back to the database if the app
(Android) is fully closed (force closed by the user or the OS kills it).

Also when should I be using be using beingTransaction and
completeTransaction? are these only for writing files to the container (ie.
call startTransaction, write file contents, call completeTransaction)?

Thanks!

Rob.