[guardian-dev] info about master password

Massimo Canonico mex at di.unipmn.it
Tue May 3 09:07:31 EDT 2016

On 02/05/16 12:14, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
> On Mon, May 2, 2016, at 05:23 AM, Massimo Canonico wrote:
>> Still trying to figure out how cacheword store the password in memory...
>> (if it does)
> Yes, the service instance keeps it here in the ICachedSecrets variable:
>
> https://github.com/guardianproject/cacheword/blob/master/cachewordlib/src/info/guardianproject/cacheword/CacheWordService.java#L22

Thank you Nathan.
I search on the source code from the line you pointed me in order to
figure out what kind of data type has been used to store the passphrase.
If I'm not wrong, it should be byte[] as in CacheWordHandler.java at
line 200:
public byte[] getEncryptionKey() {
         final ICachedSecrets s = getCachedSecrets();
         if (s instanceof PassphraseSecrets) {
             return ((PassphraseSecrets) s).getSecretKey().getEncoded();
         }
         return null;
     }

Am I wrong?