[guardian-dev] Fwd: Texas Linux Fest 2016 CFP

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Tue May 3 10:45:52 EDT 2016

Anyone in Texas in July?

----- Original message -----
From: Nathan Willis <nwillis at glyphography.com>
To: support at guardianproject.info
Subject: Texas Linux Fest 2016 CFP
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 18:19:20 -0500

Hi,

My name is Nate Willis; I'm one of the organizers of Texas Linux Fest,
which we're proud to say is the leading community Linux-and-FOSS
conference for Texas and the surrounding region.  This is our seventh
year, and we're anticipating a crowd of over 1,000.

Our event is July 8th and 9th this year, in downtown Austin, TX.  We'd
really love it if some folks from the Guardian Project or surrounding
community can be thereā€”be they local or from out of town.

I especially wanted to draw your attention to our call for
participation.  We're intent on attracting a wide variety of speakers
representing open source and free software, both users and developers,
from all corners.  The details are here:

http://2016.texaslinuxfest.org/call-for-papers

and the deadline is approaching.

I'm really keen to have projects and developers from outside the
"purely commercial" world represented strongly on our program. In
particular, we're trying to reach out to people who work on privacy
issues,
which is why I thought of you.  I realize Austin is likely not local for
many
people, but knowing all of the collaborative work you do, I was hoping
that you might have contributors or interested volunteers who would be
in the area, and you could put us in touch.

Please consider submitting a talk proposal, and we would doubly love it
if
you could help us spread the word by sharing the CFP with people in
your user and developer community!

If you have any questions, or if you want to know more about Texas
Linux Fest in general, please get in touch!

Thanks, from me and on behalf of the entire TXLF 2016 team,
Nate

PS - I've tried to make this email just general enough that, if you feel
like
it, you could just forward it to any mailing lists or cut-and-paste it
into
any discussion forum that feels appropriate.  Feel free!

PPS - If there is just someone in the Austin or central-Texas area who
might like to represent GP with a booth, we do have free both space
available for non-profit projects. Please ask!

--
nathan.p.willis
nwillis at glyphography.com <http://identi.ca/n8>

--