[guardian-dev] Import chatsecure inside Android Studio

Massimo Canonico mex at di.unipmn.it
Mon May 16 03:52:54 EDT 2016

On 09/05/16 20:08, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
> Perhaps you should just change the project SDK to point to a different
> version?
That was the first thing that I did with no luck.
The main problem is that the software to install android plugin and adt
for Eclipse are not available anymore:
https://developer.android.com/tools/help/adt.html

In the android studio developers web pages, you always see something
related to "migrating from Eclipse ADT" instead of the sw to still use
eclipse for android project.

Once you find the sw in some other website, it seems not working with
recent eclipse sw:
Error instantiating builder 'com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.ApkBuilder'.

And so on.

This is just to warn people that right now, even import an android
project inside eclipse is not trivial (at least, for me).

Best,
Massimo