[guardian-dev] How to use orbot proxy in a WebView?

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Thu May 26 13:17:56 EDT 2016

On Thu, May 26, 2016, at 12:44 PM, Vanitas Vitae wrote:
> I checked the NetCipher code and it seems like there is no explicit
> method for setting the code in Android versions > lollipop. Is this not
> yet supported? I tried the same code on an emulator with Lollipop, but
> it still does not work.
> What am I missing?

You aren't missing anything yet. I think we just haven't updated the
code to support WebView on Android 6. Each major OS changes the method
for proxying, and in some cases makes it impossible.

This is why we have moved to Orfox, building on Firefox/Gecko code,
instead of Android's WebView.

That said, we are doing some work on a project that needs this, as well,
so if anyone has the code to add Marshmallow support, then I would be
happy to integrate it into NetCipher.

--
  Nathan of Guardian
  nathan at guardianproject.info