[guardian-dev] GPG support in Android

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Nov 1 20:49:05 EDT 2016

Matej Kovacic <matej.kovacic at owca.info> writes:

> I am using K-9 Mail with APG, and as far as I remember it doesn't have
> support for PGP/MIME format yet.
>
> Has this changed already?
>
> If not, is there any info when PGP/MIME will be supported? Or is it any
> other mail application on Android for this?

I am assuming you are using f-droid :-)

APG seems unmaintained.  Last f-droid update 2014-04-14, 2.5 years ago.

The standard advice is to use OpenKeyChain.  Last update 2016-08-09, 2.5
months ago.

K-9 release version is 5.010.  It does not do pgp/mime.  k-9 beta is
5.114 in f-droid.  There are 35 commits past 5.114, but none seem
directly related to pgpg/mime.   While 5.114 is beta, it basically works
ok except that opening attachments doesn't work right on some phones
(saving is ok).

Definitely more testing would be good; the developers appear to be
trying to address the significant bugs to get to the point where they
can have a stable version.