[guardian-dev] Hi, i' new

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Mon Nov 21 08:00:47 EST 2016

About the hidden service backups, that certainly would be a useful
feature, but it should not be implemented in Orbot.  The requesting apps
need to be entirely responsible for saving, managing and backing up that
key.  Orbot will never be able to provide all of the various levels of
security needed by different apps using Hidden Services.  For example,
something like OnionShare might only have one-time-use Hidden Services
that are thrown away after use.  Another app might have a long-lived
hidden service that is too sensitive to be backed up via Google or other
cloud services.

.hc

--
PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556