[guardian-dev] sharing hidden service files WAS: Hi, i' new

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Nov 25 05:47:48 EST 2016

Mark Murphy:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2016, at 18:34, arrase wrote:
>> Maybe you can help me
>>
>> Hidden services are stored in:
>>
>> /data/data/org.torproject.android/app_data
>
> Ick.
>
>> is there a way to share a file stored at app_data with a FileProvider?
>
> No. FileProvider does not support arbitrary locations, just standard
> ones. It's also not extensible to support other locations.
>
> My StreamProvider, however, is extensible:
>
> https://github.com/commonsguy/cwac-provider
>
> If you give me a few days, I'll release an update that supports your
> desired location. Or, follow the instructions for extending
> StreamProvider with your own custom StreamStrategy.

Perhaps a better approach here would be to move the hidden service files
to a standard location so we don't need any custom code?  Something like:

/data/data/org.torproject.android/files/hidden_services

It should be an easy migration.  Orbot really needs to shed as much as
possible to keep it maintainable.  We're not keeping up very well as it is.

PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556