[guardian-dev] State of Orbot

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Thu Sep 8 06:21:43 EDT 2016

One thing that would make it drastically easier for potential
contributors to track and for people in general to follow the progress
would be to move the Orbot git and issues to one place.  I've worked on
Orbot a lot, and I'm still confused as to what goes where.

We could could do https://gitlab.com/torproject/orbot

.hc

Nathan of Guardian:
> Also work on moving to Gradle and an updated architecture is here:
> https://github.com/n8fr8/orbot/commits/dev_gradle
>

> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016, at 06:23 AM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
>> Yes, someone is still working on it. If you want to submit pull requests
>> we are happy to have them.
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016, at 03:26 AM, VanitasVitae wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>> I wanted to ask if there is still someone working on Orbot. The last
>>> commit is half a year ago and there are still a lot of open bug reports
>>> (some of them are 6 years old)
>>>
>>> Speaking of that - the trac could use some improvements. When I search
>>> for "Orbot bug tracker" I end up at trac.torproject.org, but where do I
>>> go next when I want to have an overview of just Orbot related issues?
>>> When I click "Show tickets" I get a list of possible categories, but I
>>> can't see Orbot there.
>>> It would be very nice, if the fist list of categories that a users sees
>>> is a list of all the projects favorably in alphabetic order.
>>>
>>> How do you think about that?
>>>
>>>  VanitasVitae
>>

>> --
>>   Nathan of Guardian
>>   nathan at guardianproject.info

PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556